Buying a home, especially in Lagos Nigeria can be an exciting and life changing experience. However, with this experience come regrets if care is not taken before buying.
Whether you’re a first-time home buyer, or starting to look around for a new one, it always helps to know what to look for when buying a house. This article is to help show you how to inspect a home with or without the help of a realtor before making it yours.
- Create a Quick List: Creating a list will help you remember to check places you might forget on arrival. Things that should be in your list are:
- Checking the roof for signs of lickage.
- Checking the walls for cracks and holes.
- Checking the drainages for blockage
- Appliances (Such as kitchen sink and toilet seats) were they well maintained, do they need to be replaced, etc
- Electrical wirings (Are they safe and working well)
- And many more
- Hire a Professional Home Inspector: Yes, you might have checked through with the help of your list and everything seems fine. But don’t forget that you are not a trained professional. Home inspectors have been trained and licensed to carry out this assignment. So, hire a professional home inspector to help you look through the home once again before purchase. Remember, two good heads are better that one. Moreover, it is what they were trained for.
- Security: This is one of the most important factors when inspecting a home. You don’t want to acquire a new home and be robbed the following week. And this is one of the advantages of hiring a home inspector. They have vast knowledge in the things to watch out for when inspecting a home and they will use it to your advantage.
Need cheap and genuine properties in Lagos state? Check out our affordable garden schemes today!