Ibeju-Lekki is fast developing and is the fastest developing Local Government Area in Nigeria. It is also the first and only local government area in Nigeria to have an Oil Refinery, Sea Port and International Airport, which is like having Port Harcourt, Apapa and Ikeja in one place.
Here are the interesting facts about Ibeju – Lekki.
1.Dangote Refinery and Petrochemical Industry: Dangote’s project is one of the biggest projects being executed in Ibeju Lekki. The Refinery and Petrochemical Industry is slated to cost $17Billion and the largest industrial project in Africa. The project on completion is expected to employ up to 20,000 Plus Nigerians and refine over 600, 000 barrels of crude oil daily. With this population to be employed, comes also that of housing and housing appreciation in the area.
This single project is not only going to be favourable to the Lagos state government but the whole of Nigeria and Africa. With this project, Nigeria will save at least $10 billion annually on imports.
2. Lekki Free Trade Zone (FTZ): This is another major project taking place at Ibeju Lekki, it’s going to be the first Smart City in Nigeria. According to a report by Daily Times, over billion of naira has been invested in FTZ. The master plan for the project was to be created as a satellite city for eco-city for residents, modern industrial business, and trade.
3. Lekki International Airport:This is a project being handled by the Lagos state government and designated to handle up to 5 Million passengers annually. The master plan has been set in place and 3500 hectares of land map out for it.
4. Lekki Deep Seaport: The deep seaport is located opposite the Lekki Free trade zone. It’s established to handle over 6 million Twenty-foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) of containers. This project has been estimated to provide employment opportunities to over 170,000 Nigerians either directly or indirectly.
5. Lekki International Golf Course: Lakowe Lakes Golf &Country Estate is very unique and one of its kind in West Africa.It is a 308-hectare residential development established within a serene environment with an 18-hole world-class golf course.
6. Pan African University: This privately owned University has its new campus at Eleranigbe, close to Eleko in Ibeju Lekki.
7. Shopping Mall:We have different shopping malls being set-up in Ibeju Lekki. For instance, a massive ShopRite already in place, Yomade shopping complex, Mayfair shopping complex and others. These developments help in the massive growth of the area.
8. 4th Mainland Bridge:This is a proposed 38km project to be built by the Lagos state government, linking Lagos island to Ibeju Lekki, Baiyeku towns and across Lagos Lagoon down to Ikorodu. This bridge will complement the 3rd Mainland Bridge to help with the road network of the region. Thus, boost the economy of the state and encourage investment as well.
9. Lekki Tourist Centre: We have the likes of Lekki Conservation Centre, golf course, Lekki Tourist Centre, Private Beaches and Resorts that make Ibeju Lekki a great site for tourism.
10. Different Companies: There are different companies such as Indomie Industry, Eleganza Industries,Power oil production plant, Coscharis Group with all these companies in the area, they’ll definitely make Ibeju Lekki the major business district in Lagos.
In conclusion, with these major developments in Ibeju-Lekki is undoubtedly a perfect and best time to create wealth. This is because, with these projects in the area, the economic activities will be on the high side. Thus, making Ibeju Lekki the major business district in the state and even in the country