Oftentimes in life, we feel like giving up. We feel like nothing is going as planned for us and we tend to want to quit. Wanting to quit is understandable but I’m quite sure that you know that giving up isn’t an option. So, this article is dedicated to helping you better yourself and take one more step towards reaching your goals.
- Write down your goal: Get your goal out of your imagination and put a pen to it. It is easy for us to dream up goals in our head and assume we have it planned out. But in writing it down, we will discover that we might not really have a clear picture or have it all figured out. Also, writing it in smaller parts will make it easier for us to achieve. The process of writing your goals, forces your subconscious to accept the commitment you have made towards meeting your goals.
- Set a new deadline: Yes, I get it. Deadlines are meant to be met, but not meeting your deadline is not the end of the world. If you failed to meet your old deadline, it is okay. Review your last performance toward your deadline and try to figure out where you went wrong. Fix it and set another deadline for yourself.
- Work on your mind set: Life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we react to what happens to us. Someone once told me that “Want a better life? Check the way you think”. Changing your mind set can be demanding because we have been conditioned to think and behave in a particular way or manner, but it is also a necessity to better our lives. Read inspirational books, hang out with motivated and positive minded people and believe in yourself. Seize every opportunity to work on your attitude and this should be a lifelong process.
- Continue to completion: Do not give up when you encounter the first or any obstacle. It is in continuity that you will find completion. Remember winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win. Keep pushing until you get it right.
5. Reward yourself: One of the crucial steps to take is self-appreciation. We all have goals but to be a top achiever, you have to be focused. However, once in a while it is good to look over your past accomplishments and enjoy the satisfaction that success brings. This will train the subconscious mind to focus on activities that produce successful results.